Lilburn Family Law Attorneys
Dealing with family law issues is physically, mentally, and emotionally demanding and exhausting. During this challenging transitional time in your life, you do not have to face these difficulties alone.
The Lilburn family law attorneys at Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. are here to provide you with valuable support and advice. As your legal counsel, we are here during every aspect of your case from the divorce trial to the settlement of child support and custody, and with any other aspects of family law that you may require.
While one of our most common family law needs, Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. understands that divorce is an unexpected event in your life. No one begins a marriage expecting it to end. We will ensure that you are ready to face the new chapter of your life by making sure that you close the current one correctly.
The lawyers at Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. will help you navigate the complex legal processes of the Lilburn Family Law. You will experience frustrations and challenges, and we are here to guide you through overcoming each one. Our years of family law experience and expertise ensures that you have all the knowledge and answers to any questions and uncertainties that you may have.
Call the Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. at (678) 504-8411 for a Free Consultation with our Experienced Divorce Lawyers.
Expert Family Law Firm in Lilburn
The compassionate lawyers at Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. are dedicated to delivering the best legal representation during this trying time in your life. We know that you are questioning what your future will be like, which can be very stressful. Divorce, child custody, child support, and father’s rights are all emotionally charged issues, which can make it very challenging to look at the facts of the case objectively. We help you understand the full picture, what your options are, and develop a strategy to help you accomplish your goals with your family law case.
We relieve your worries by providing the resources and the support that you need to both understand and make smart choices throughout the family law process. Our goal is to alleviate your stress. We support you with every legal aspect of your family life, from restructuring during divorce to maintaining a healthy, loving relationship with your children. If you are looking for a dedicated, compassionate Lilburn Family Law Attorney, look no further than Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C..
Divorce is a complicated legal process which involves more than the couple involved. The entire process is full of frustrations and unpleasant surprises for anyone who is not familiar with it. Moreover, the mental and emotional upheaval brought by the significant change in everybody’s life can bring considerable stress to anyone.
Familiarizing yourself with the divorce process in Lilburn will help alleviate some of your worries. Understanding each step will allow you to prepare with the help of the experts at Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C.. While each divorce case is unique, most follow this general timeline:
- Initiating the Divorce Process – one of the spouses hires a lawyer and develops a petition or complaint outlining the reasons for the divorce and how he/she wants to settle custody, finances, and other related issues.
- Filing and Serving the Petition – the complaint is presented to the court and we will make sure that it is served on the other spouse. Also included is a summons which requires a response.
- Receiving the Answer to the Complaint – the other spouse has a certain amount of time to submit a response. The spouse’s response should outline how he/she would prefer to deal with various divorce decisions. The court will assume that the other spouse agrees to the terms in the complaint in cases it doesn’t receive any response.
- Exchange of Documents and Initiation of Property Division – the couple will exchange relevant documents and information pertaining to property and income. Thus, the court will decide how to divide the property and how child support and alimony should be.
- Mediation or Settlement – in cases where couples voluntarily agree and resolve all issues through settlement or mediation the divorce agreement is then presented to the judge at an informal hearing where he will confirm if both parties understand and agree with the settlement.
- Court Approval for Any Settlement Agreement – a divorce decree will be approved where all the agreements are outlined. If the couple cannot reach an agreement or the court does not approve, the case will proceed to trial.
- Divorce Trial – attorneys of both parties will present arguments and evidence for each side. The court will decide all unresolved issues such as child custody, child support, alimony, and property division.
The divorce process is long and frustrating, but with the best divorce and family lawyers at Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. guide you through each process. We will be there at your side to ensure that you have your fair say in each decision.
Child Custody Attorneys
Child custody is a long and very stressful process for the children involved. In cases where the parties cannot agree on a decision in terms of child custody, the court prioritizes the well-being and best interests of the child.
According to the 2010 Lilburn Code on Child Custody Proceedings the state will determine what will be the best decision with the happiness and welfare of the child in mind. It is based on various factors including, but not limited to:
- The existing emotional ties and relationship between the parents and the child.
- The existing emotional ties between the child and his/her siblings.
- The ability of each parent to give the child guidance, affection, and love. Also including the ability of each parent to continue the rearing and education of the child.
- The parent’s familiarity and knowledge of the child and his/her needs.
- The capacity of each parent to provide food, clothing, medical care, daily needs, and other basic care to the child.
- Each parent’s home environment including its safety and promotion of nurturance.
- The significance of the continuity in the child’s life including a stable and satisfactory environment.
- The family unit of each parent including support systems within the community to benefit the child.
- Each parent’s physical and mental health.
- Involvement in the child’s social, extracurricular, and educational activities.
- Past and future performance in terms of parenting responsibilities.
- Relevant records of the child such as home, school, and community. Also including any health or special needs of the child.
If the child is of age 14, he/she may elect which parent shall serve as his/her physical custodian. Unless the court determines that the parent as the custodian is not to be in the best interest of the child.
Other factors in consideration also include physical abuse, alcohol, and substance abuse, co-parenting, moving, parental employment, and parental alienation.
Child Support Attorneys
In the state of Lilburn, it is the responsibility of both parents to provide for the education, maintenance, and protection of their children. The court ensures that both parents continue their duties for the child. Child support typically involves payments made to the custodial parent by the non-custodial parent.
Usually, child support is paid monthly or bi-monthly until the child reaches maturity. Moreover, child support cannot be waived by either the paying or receiving parent as it belongs to the child.
Child support is determined through complex computation either through the agreement of both parties or a dispute to the jury or the judge. The computation involved comparing each parent’s income and the unique needs of the child.
Father’s Rights Attorneys
The state of Lilburn applies the best interest of the child standards which gives equal opportunity for the father or the mother to gain custody of the child. However, Lilburn law also distinguishes between a legally recognized father and a biological father. This means the marriage (or absence of marriage) play a significant factor in determining the father’s rights to the custody of his child or children.
Being the father of a child from an unmarried mother, or a mother married to another man is complicated in terms of child custody. If you want to have the rights and responsibilities associated with fatherhood, you must take the necessary steps to prove your paternity as soon as possible. While there is no set time for the court to recognize your paternal rights, the earlier you can assert your rights will give you a better chance of having a life with your child.
Filing of legitimation is the process of legally recognizing a biological father which allows him to establish a legal relationship with the child. This relationship involves potential custody and support along with various relative responsibilities as a parent to the child.
If both you and the mother agree and consent to the legitimation, you will both voluntary acknowledge the legitimation through the completion of the Acknowledgement of Legitimation form. However, if there is a disagreement to the legitimation or in cases when you are uncertain whether the mother will consent, you can file a petition to the court.
The court will initiate a legitimation proceeding where the judge will hear and weigh both parents in order to determine if the legitimation is appropriate. The court will carefully evaluate whether you as a father may be a fit parent. Remember that the state of Lilburn will prioritize the best interest of the child.
Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. understands the love of a father to his children. We are committed to giving you a fighting chance to be a part of your child’s life. Our family law attorneys will be at your side to assist you in understanding and preparing for the legal process and potential custody battle so you can maintain being a part of your child’s life.
Let’s Talk Now- Free Consultation
Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. is your legal support whether you are already filing for divorce or you are still deciding. We have the experience and the resources that you need during the entire legal process. Legal information is your key to painless and smooth divorce process between you and your spouse. Contact us for a free consultation!
Call Vayman & Teitelbaum, P.C. now at (678) 504-8411 for your Free Consultation with a Motivated, Experienced Divorce Attorney in GA.